This book is about a girl named Scarlett who is the star of her mum’s popular blog. Every day of her life she is in the spotlight of her school’s jokes and everyone is talking about her Disney underwear.However, everything changes when she finds a spotless kitchen in her neighbour’s house. As her neighbour is away in hospital Scarlett starts using her kitchen to bake sweet treats. Miracles start to happen, she makes new friends who later join the Secret Cooking Club. She even starts her own blog and becomes a world sensation.
I would rate this book 4/5 as it is full of humour, exciting and is well written.
Colourful Cornflake Crispies
- 300g Cornflakes
- 3 bars of milk chocolate
- Oreos (broken into pieces)
- A Bowl
- A Table Spoon
- A Spatula
- 28 Cupcake Cases
- A Tray
- A Saucepan
- Break the 3 chocolate bars into pieces and place them into the bowl.
- Ask an adult to place your bowl over a saucepan filled with boiling water and stir until melted.
- Add the cornflakes into the chocolate and coat them thoroughly. Make sure the cornflakes are swimming in chocolate.
- Spoon the mix into the cupcake cases and put them into the fridge to harden for 1-2 hours. Remove from fridge and enjoy!
1 thought on “The Secret Cooking Club, by Laurel Remington”
This sounds like a really interesting book. I will definitely read it.