I would recommend Alice Miranda to anybody who likes a mix of school and mystery. It is a gripping story and is extremely awesome. When Alice Miranda Highton-Smith Kennington Jones arrives at her new boarding school, Winchesterfield-Downsfordvale Academy for Proper Young Ladies, she realises that something is wrong. Miss Smith is sad because she has never seen her family, the gardener is angry because there aren’t any flowers and Jacinta is having a tantrum because she is not allowed to go to the gymnastics championships. Alice Miranda is challenged with a series of impossible tests. Can she beat the school’s champion at sailing? Is she brave enough to camp on her own in the forest? Will she get full marks in an academic test? Could do you pass these tests?
I would rate this book 4/5 because it hooks you in but also does not give too much away at the beginning.
Alice Miranda Magnets
Make these vibrant and wonderful magnets inspired by Alice Miranda. You can paint them any colour you like and use them on your fridge or your desk.
- Wooden pegs
- Acrylic paints
- Alice Miranda picture cut outs
- Paint brush
- Magnetic tape
1. Print free Alice Miranda cut outs from the internet.
2. Paint wooden pegs and allow them to dry.
3. Cut out a strip of magnetic tape and stick it on the back of the peg.
4. Glue the cut out pictures of Alice Miranda onto our peg.
- Don’t forget to be patient and allow one side to dry before painting the other.
- Make sure you stick the pictures the right way round on the peg.