This book is set in the 1940s and is about a girl named Glory and her younger brother, who flee their London home due to the blitz(war). They are sent to live with a strict old lady, Mrs Saunders, in a village far away from their home. The local children are unkind and become their enemies. By the end of the story they are all close friends! How is that possible?
I would rate this book 4/5 because it informs you of the hardships young children have to face when their country is at war.
From a few items around the house, enjoy making this slimy goodness. Add some glitter, make it sparkle and catch the falling stars.
- PVA Glue (half a cup)
- Shaving Foam (half a cup)
- Food colouring
- Baking Soda (half a teaspoon)
- Contact lens solution
Optional: Gold and Silver glitter
- Add the PVA glue to a bowl.
- Add the baking soda and mix it in.
- Add the shaving foam and mix it in.
- Add drops of food colouring depending on what colour you want.
- Add in contact lens solution, a few drops at a time mixing it in.
- Add in the glitter, if you wish.
Keep adding the contact lens solution until the slime comes away from the bowl. You can mix it with your hands. The slime is ready when it comes away from your fingers. If it does not then add more contact lens solution but only few drops at a time.
Keep it in an airtight container to make it last longer.
* I have discovered a new easier recipe since this post. I will try and post it soon. Send me an email (contact us) if you are desperate to make it.